Consistency equals results. While running a marathon will not make you lean in one day, a consistent, dedicated approach
to fat loss will help you reach your goals.
Unfortunately, Americans have been getting consistently worse with their diets. The latest research from Tufts University
shows that sugar-containing drinks are now the main source of calories in the average American's diet (Bermudez, O., et al.
Abstract, Experimental Biology 2005).
This would have been unimaginable 50 years ago back when people were much leaner on average.
On the other hand, there are many habits which have been shown to help people get lean and stay lean more than other actions.
Here are 8 Simple Rules that will help you lose fat and get lean.
1. Replace sugary beverages with Green Tea. That can reduce your energy intake by several hundred calories per day
2. Eat at least one midday snack to decrease your risk of obesity by 39%. Remember that a good snack is focused on lean
protein and a high-fiber fruit or vegetable. Nuts are also an option
3. Don't eat dinner as your biggest meal of the day. If you do, you increase your risk of obesity by 6%. You should be
eating several mini-meals all day long so that you are not starving at dinner
4. Don't wait more than 3 hours after waking up to eat breakfast or you increase your risk of obesity by 43%
5. Don't eat more than a third of your meals in restaurants or you increase your risk of obesity by 69%. It is too hard
to control the food contents at a restaurant. Pack your own meals and snacks as often as you can
6. Don't go to bed hungry (3 or more hours after your last meal or snack) or you increase your risk of obesity by 101%.
Again, think high-protein, high-fiber mini-meals to keep hunger at bay and to control your energy levels
7. Don't eat breakfast away from home or you increase your risk of obesity by 137%
8. Don't skip breakfast or you increase your risk of obesity by 450%. This is the most important time of day to start with
a protein-based, high fiber meal as it will set the tone for your blood sugar and energy levels for the day.